I have thought back and forth about how to graphically represent space, while travelling aboard spaceships. The original idea was to keep it very basic, with mainly instrumentation and charts and no actual 3D representation. I got a new idea however, which I think may be the best.
It's basically a standard 3D space, but it will be rendered through some kind of filter, to make it look organic, pixelated and slightly blurred to keep details from showing until really close. This way it will create the illusion of much higher resolution than a more conventional display. I guess what i got in mind is something close to the "night vision" filters some games try to simulate.
I just want to avoid the situation where you see something from way off and know, by the graphics, that even if you run right up to the object it will look the same but bigger.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment